Well things were a bit crazy in the planning and some of the execution but eventually we found Jeff in the sea of families that were reuniting. I actually spied him before he spotted us and then making our way to him without running and knocking into people was tough but we managed to control ourselves. It was so wonderful to spend a couple of hours with him but of course the time went way too fast. It is just so nice to know that he is home on friendly soil and safe. The kids did great waiting and really only lost their patience when they kept getting everyone to cheer but then not sending out the soldiers. Finally it was time for them to come out and they marched into the area where we were but there were so many people we stayed back from the crowd because I didn't want the kids to get crushed. I'm glad I did because they just started pushing to get to their people and finally all the soldiers moved out of formation. I'm not sure if it was planned that way but I doubt it was. We hung out in the car to stay away from the many people who were smoking and to have a little privacy. When it was time to go however the kids really had a tough time. They made it back to the car before falling apart so even though Daddy knew they were going to cry they didn't in front of him. It will be really nice to have him home for good but in the meantime this will have to do.

Pheenie making her sign and then showing it off.

Sam doing the same.

Waiting for Daddy and finally getting to be with him!

Playing in the car and this is after we got home, big range of emotions and these kids are just wiped out. I'm sorry there aren't more but I was more focused on spending time with Jeff so I didn't take that many. Don't worry though when we get him back for good there will be plenty of pictures to come. I just want to thank everyone who has stood with us during this really hard time, when I say I couldn't have done it without you all I mean it from the bottom of my heart. You know who you are and we are so thankful that we know you as well.
2 comments:
Crying too hard to comment much especially seeing their reaction to leaving Jeff again Thankfully it will only be for a short time and they know he is safe where he is now. I can't wait to give him a big hug of my own and thank him properly for his service. I think my fried chicken, deviled eggs and biscuits will be a good start. Love Mom
OH, Sara I know these next couple weeks are going to be a roller coaster for you guys. He is HOME! Yeah! You guys did such a great job.
We Love You!
Love,Katherine, Dave and Ben
Post a Comment