Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Mother's Day is one of my favorite holidays because it's a great celebration of how much children change your life. It's a celebration of how much my mother taught me through my life and still teaches me every day. Thanks Mom for all you have done and still do for me. I can't thank you enough for the love you have given me and only hope I can be the kind of mother you are to me.


A chip off the old block my little princess and me. The kids loving Grandma.

Sam loves his sister so much. Seraphina celebrating her pink Yankee gifts from Katherine. I was actually going to break down and get her a pink Yankee hat thanks for making it so I didn't have to. As you can see she was pretty stoked.

Boy she is getting big isn't she? The shirt she is wearing says Brockway State Prison on it.

The kids and their Aunt and Goo playing hand clap games and loving Grandma some more.

Loving Great Grandma and Seraphina beating up her brother.

More beating up Pheenie. Seraphina wanted to have a Mother's Day tea party with the tea set from Nana we had to force Grandpa into it but we all had fun.

Pheenie's Snow White costume from Goo and Aunt Sara and her dress Sam picked for her.

The kids loving Bella and this picture we took holding the camera in front of us. I am so thankful for the children I am blessed to have and I am so lucky I have been given the gift of motherhood.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see you and can't believe that this is the wild child I often didn't like much as a teenager. I can say this to you now and know your feelings won't be hurt because now that you are a mother I know you understand how at times even though the love is always there the like may not be. I am so proud of you. This year has been so hard on the kids and you but you never let them know just how hard it has been for you, That is what I am most proud of. You could have whined and belly-ached and had every right too, but you never did and as far as your little ones could tell, nothing had changed in their lives. You and Jeff both made sure thay knew every minute that everything would be ok while Daddy was away doing his most important work for all of us, they missed him terribly, but they were secure in their family unit even though one member was so far away. You deserve so much more than you will ever receieve in appreaciation for the sacrifice of your family from all who has not had to sacrifice. I can only say how proud as parents your father and I are that you have handled this so well. I know there were nights when the kids were asleep that you felt like falling apart and I know in those moments you felt like nothing would ever be the same. I can honestly tell you in some ways it will never be the same because all involved have changed. You have had to become stronger than I think you ever thought you could be, you handled every situation, Sams teacher troubles, accidents, trips to the doctors, Illnesses yours and the kids all on your own. Just dealing with every day things like the house, the dogs and cats, getting your licinese, actually driving, snow removal, the car breaking down and it's repair as well as everyday mundane crap. Sometimes you bent but never broke thats the key. I love you and again I am so proud of you. Hopefully it won't be long till Jeff is home. Their will be new challenges with this too and I have every confidence you will handle these as well as all you've done so far. Know we are always here for you and Jeff just say the word. Love mom

sara said...

Thanks mom, Shouldn't have read that while baby sitting. The kids are looking at me like I have six heads trying to figure out why I am crying at the blog. Thank you and Daddy for all the hard work you have done to help, I know it hasn't been easy on you either. Yes, I know exactly what you mean and I look back at those years and feel so guilty for all the crap I put you guys through. Thank you for loving me enough to forgive me for all the bad choices I made in my youth. I love you and am so lucky you are my mom.

brie said...

i love the pictures with pheenie, sam, and poops. pheenie has become such a little beauty!

sara said...

That's actually Bella, she is a mini version of Nicona huh? We lost Nicona in Jan. 08 remember?

Walker Family said...

Happy Mother's Day! Your kids are gorgeous and you are such a great mom. I am glad Pheenie liked the pink stuff!