Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Some late Christmas and a birthday!

Uncle Bobby and Aunt Sara were in Illinois for Christmas this year and even though we missed them we know just how lucky we are that they are close enough to visit often. We understand and appreciate the sacrifice Aunt Sara makes every day so that they can be close and so we happily share our holidays with the Roberts family. Here are the pictures from our delayed holiday and also from Goo Bobby's birthday.

Vincenzo sporting his Beatles shirt

Trying to get him to take a gift out of the stocking

Hey what is that thing?

Looks like Maxwell's hammer, no it isn't silver so I guess not

Oh well at least I can eat it

Teething rings!

I am amazed at how far cloth diapers have come since my kids were small. Here is the little cutie clean and happily half naked.

Sam really loves his uncle. He gave Goo Bobby and Aunt Sara finger puppets for Christmas that he bought with his own money.

This gift from Mom and Dad says "The love of a family is life's greatest blessing" I couldn't agree more and we are so lucky to be blessed with ours.

This is a very special gift that was hand made by Sam and Seraphina with some adult supervision by Grandma and myself. The pattern should be familiar because Sam and Seraphina both have moon and star blankets. Sammy's was the first and he and I made it together. When Seraphina came along he and I made one for her and now Vincenzo has one too.

Here are some of the pictures of the blanket being made. All three of the blankets were made in Grandma and Grandpa's kitchen.

Oscar helped clean up the loose threads

Sam sewing his part

Cuddling under his blanket with Mama

This is one of those gifts that years from now Seraphina will be embarrassed about. She found this and insisted it was a Christmas bib for the baby. She couldn't be convinced otherwise and so she bought it with the intent of giving it to him as a bib. SO here is Vincenzo's Christmas tree skirt bib ;)

Reading his card

Aunt Sara, Uncle Bobby and Vincenzo gave us The Twilight Zone DVD's as you can see we are very excited. They also gave us itunes cards which the kids are already planning on spending so thank you for that as well.

Grandpa opening a gift

Seraphina received clothes for Julie now she has three outfits total and a hair brush!

As you all know Sam loves science and this game looks like it will be just what he loves however Seraphina wasn't too sure about it judging by the photo. (She's afraid of skeletons/bones so I think that's the issue here)

Now it's time for some cake. Sam is dreaming of what it will taste like

Vincenzo doesn't care for our singing I guess. He was totally happy until we started singing Happy Birthday and then he gave us a frown.

Blowing out the candles, Sam is still laughing at his cousin

OK so Aunt Sara's family has a tradition of popping holiday crackers on Christmas morning. On her first Christmas with us we wanted to incorporate some of her traditions so she might not feel as homesick and so we started the crackers too. Well anything that pops and has a toy inside is good for the kids so it's kind of stuck. This year we waited until Aunt Sara would be with us to crack them and they each had a game, a crown and jokes and trivia inside. Here we are in our crowns (somehow I missed getting a picture of myself hmm go figure)

Daddy got a yellow one and was also the first to get his on his head!

The cousins in their crowns with Aunt Sara/Mama

Grandma and Grandpa in crowns

Sam playing with his game amongst the remains of crackers and Uncle Bobby reading his questions and jokes. As always we loved spending time together, had a great time and can't wait until we are all together again.

2 comments:

Walker Family said...

As always beautiful shots of a beautiful family. I love the "bib" that will make a great story!

Anonymous said...

I too love the time we spend together It goes so fast. Looking back on these pictures I remember a gift a little girl gave me from Santas secret workshop years ago A little plastic rose that most of the petals fell off before it made it home. I still have the twig stem and the memory of that little girls face when she gave it to me. She looked very much like her daughter. Ok now Im crying time to go to bed. Love you Mom