Thursday, April 29, 2010

little league 2010!

Some of these pictures are hard to see because I took them from behind the fence. Sam's are especially tough because the older kids have a higher fence. It takes up a lot of of time but the kids love it and we love watching them play! You may have to click on each picture to see them but I couldn't zoom in for some reason the sun would block out the picture if I zoomed.


Pheenie playing short stop "just like Jeter!"


Getting ready to hit the ball


Look who made it to 1st base!


Crossing home plate ahead of the throw!


Pheenie happy to score a run!


Perpetual state for Pheenie, jumping in excitement after her 2nd hit.


My favorite part of the game is the hand shake at the end. I have always loved the sportsmanship of kids sports. It's too bad they don't continue that as they get older.
Pheenie is #5

Sammy is on 3rd base, this looks like the position he is going to be playing this season. He is doing really well at the hot corner!


Ready position. They hit off of a pitching machine at this age which I think is weird.


Sam getting ready to hit!


On 1st base. Sam hit in the game winning run here. His best friend was on 3rd base and Sam was able to drive him in. There were 2 outs and the game was tied when he came up. This happened over a week ago and his coach is still talking about how great it was.


The hand shake is really hard to see because Sam's games run longer so it was getting dark.

2 comments:

Walker Family said...

I also love the handshakes, I am a little surprised every time I see a professional game and they don't. It is a little sad. Those pictures brought back so many memories of the field on Old Corlies. How many hours did we spend there??

sara said...

Seems like at least a few years of our lives if you add it all up. I miss it so much and it really is fun to relive it with my own kids. I wish pro sports did more for sportsmanship but at least they are still teaching it when they are young.