Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Give Thanks!


This pretty dress came from Daddy, Pheenie wore it so Daddy could be with her.

Doing a puzzle with Goo Bobby and Aunt Sara

My two peas in a pod Sam and Pheenie sharing her little bed and lots of giggles.

Playing with Goo Bobby's Star Wars toys and now we enter Dec. and the advent calender with chocolate inside starts.

There are so many things I am thankful for in this wonderful world. I am thankful for my family and friends who always have rallied to hold me up when things get too hard for me to stand alone. I am thankful for my amazing children who were born strong and healthy and who bless my world with love and beauty. They teach me more about life then I ever imagined I would learn. I am thankful that I live in the USA and am safe and free to be who I am and believe what I believe. I am thankful for the home I have and the many furry little blessings that fill it. I am thankful that I am able to learn new things and that struggles have been fewer in my life since I have chosen to take control of it. This year especially I am thankful for the peace in the world and I pray that it continue to spread until it is all that remains. I am thankful to my family for all the hard work they are doing to help run not just their own homes but mine as well. I am thankful to whatever spirit helped my car pass inspection on Sat. (it may seem minor but trust me it's HUGE) I am thankful that I am able to pick up most of the slack for Jeff so he is able to focus his energies where they need to be. I am thankful to my friend and pet sitter, Lynn for being so special. Her mom passed away on Saturday morning but she didn't call and ask me to return home early because she knew how much our family needed the time together. I would have come home had I known and so she chose not to tell me until Sunday evening when she knew I would be heading home. I am so appreciative of the time I spend with my family and I know how lucky I am to have a friend like Lynn who understands that I need that time. There are so many more things in the world that I am thankful for everyday, not just once a year in November, these are just a few.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sara, my heart just broke for your friend, Lynn. I 'm so glad you found her and she's a part of your and all the animals' (who I also love) lives, and I will earnestly pray for her now. :(