Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Getting into the holiday spirit!

The kids convinced me to put up the tree this past weekend. I was worried that they wouldn't be able to handle it and I knew I would be sad as I can't even listen to most of the Christmas music without crying, but we made it through and even managed to smile some. As you can see from some of the pictures we also felt sad some too and Seraphina ended up quitting before Sam and I finished but it was ok in the end the tree we did is beautiful.



Tonight we also had the family support holiday party. I was hesitant to go but the kids really wanted to support Daddy and so we decided together that we would attend. I figured if it became too hard we could always leave but I am so glad we went. The group Hearts Alone sponsored the event and they made it so special for all of the kids. There were dancing puppies, a magician and a special appearance by Santa and Mrs. Claus who had gifts for all the kids there. The magician was the best for the kids by far and I told him before he left that I hadn't seen my children that happy in a while. They really enjoyed his show and laughed a lot as you can see in the pictures.
(Look in the background of pic #4 you will see them dancing)

4 comments:

brie said...

my heart is breaking just reading that. i hope you know that i think about you guys all of the time. i feel pretty shitty that i havent been there for you more. i love you guys tons!

Anonymous said...

You all looked sooo beautiful! I love Seraphina's fancy little dress. :)

We can't wait to see you three this weekend and next, Sara.

(((hugs)))

Tavia said...

Hi. This is Rob's friend Kyle's wife, Tavia. Follow all that? I just wanted you to know that I pop by your blog every once in awhile thru Brie's blog.
I think about your family and hope you all have the best Christmas you can. It seems like you have wonderful kids and I love reading about them. I have a young son and newborn daughter and am looking forward to seeing them grow and do the fun things your kids do.
Happy Holidays!

Walker Family said...

The tree looks great! It looks like the Christmas Party was fun for the kids, I love the picture with Santa and Mrs Claus.
Love you!
Katherine