Thursday, July 10, 2008

hats and spider


This is Jeff's hat but I was cleaning and when they saw it they had to try it on. "It's like Indiana Jones mom please?!" So I said ok took a picture of each of them and then put it away. They sure do look cute though. Now onto the spider. I know you are all thinking Sara has completely lost it. Anyone who knows me is aware of me crippling fear of spiders so why in the world am I posting a picture of a big one. Well this creepy little dude was in my basement and after completely freaking out I took a picture (from pretty far away) to show Sam what I was yelling about, he refused to come down to see it. Sadly my taking the picture peaked the interest of the 4 cats who were downstairs with me a red and brown spider is no more. Well a picture of a spider isn't scary to Sam and now he wants to know what kind of spider it was, and of course if it was poisonous ( I assured him that Sergei eating the spider would not cause him harm even if it was but he doesn't believe me). I looked on about 4 different websites and after being sufficiently creeped out still haven't found one that looks like ours. In case the picture makes it tough to see it had a red head and brown back end (yeah real scientific I know but I don't know the name of their parts I DON"T LIKE them) its legs were all red and it was completely smooth. (Thank God because the hairy ones really scare the crap out of me) Its fangs were very long and red and if you had a quarter and put it down I would think it's legs would reach across easily (yes I know your thinking oh that's just because you are afraid of them, but no this thing was big. I spotted it from across the room crawling along. It was big.) I took the picture from a good three feet away because that's about as close as I was willing to get. If anyone knows what this creepy thing is (besides a spider) let me know so I can tell Sam. Thanks. Love to all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

CHECK OUT THIS WEB SITE THE PICTURE LOOKS LIKE WHAT YOU DESCRIBED. FOLLOW THE OTHER LINKS IN THE FIRST POST SAM ANS PHEENIE WILL GET A KICK OUT OF THEM. THANK GOD FOR CATS!!! love mom


http://bugguide.net/node/view/4648#1022

Anonymous said...

http://website.lineone.net/~ian.pembroke/new_page_53.htm
http://nafoku.de/spinnen/amaurobiidae/01041538.htm
http://www.oeko-msc.de/AMAUROBIUS-FEROX.JPG

here are the other links sorry I forgot to include them.

love mom

sara said...

That first one sure looks like mine and OH MY GOD I am so glad the cats ate it as I read they can live for YEARS! ack! Thanks for the info!