Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Sam through the years.

 As promised a photo stroll down memory lane. I have party pictures, camp pictures, and end of school that I haven't put up yet but I wanted to do this first. These are a few pictures over the years of my darling boy. The child who taught me everything I know about being a parent and the little person who changed my name forever to Mama. Happy Birthday my beautiful boy and thank you for making my world a better place each day just by being in it. You've taught me what love pure and unconditional really is and I can never repay you for that gift. "There was love, all around but I never heard it singing, no, I never heard it at all, till there was you."


Welcome to the world Samson Ike Hager
July 4th 2001 7lbs 5 oz 20 inches long

1 year old with his precious Katie.



2 Years old at his new home (I really liked that shirt for a while I guess)

3 years old at the REAL Yankee Stadium after a win!
Suddenly a big brother and very happy about it!

4 and loving his sister.

 
5 Yarrs old, matey!

6 and sporting a black eye given to him by his sister the night before his birthday. That tiny turtle is Ralphie who is now much bigger.


7 years old wearing his Giambi stache. This is the only birthday his dad has ever missed. Jeff left for Iraq 2 weeks before his birthday and the kids were still trying hard to adjust to the change. We tried hard to make the day special and Sam tried hard not to show how sad he really was.
                                                                    
8 his dad is home and he had a pool party, life is good.

Still 8 but you only go to your first ticker tape parade once. The first World Series win is always the sweetest and as you can see Sam enjoyed the parade.


9 years old and the hair is getting long.


                                                  

10 years old! My how you've grown.

Sunrise, sunset, Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly flow the days
Seedlings turn overnight to flowers
Blossoming even as we gaze
Sunrise, sunset, Sunrise, sunset
Swiftly fly the years
One season following to another....


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so hard to believe that he has gotten to double digits so fast. It seems like only yesterday when I took my first and only flight to see the little baby bird. He was so small and so skinny al I could think of is my little girl has a baby how is she going to make it. Well I have to say you've done a very good job in these ten short years. He is a wonderful young man. He has had to face allot in his short life time. The loss of many furry family members, separation from his wonderful Dad far too many times, being the man of the family when his shoulders were far too small to hold that job, being the best big brother that his sister or anyone could ever have, and school UGHHHHH!!! Far too much strife to even contemplate and yet he takes it all in stride and stays the sweetest most caring and tender hearted child there is. I love you Sammy. You make grandma and grandpa two very happy and proud people. Let’s hope the next ten don't go as fast.

Walker Family said...

Beautiful. Just Beautiful. (Ben loves the pirate boat picture!)
He is growing into an amazing person, and with all he has had to deal with just makes him more amazing.
Happy Birthday Sam! (we have something for you when we see you!)