Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Science Fair and an accident

Cedar did his project on DNA extraction. It's hard to tell because it's blurry but it was a really great project.

Sam presenting his project to Mrs. Fullerton


Kaitlyn presenting her project to Seraphina




Presenting his project to Mrs. Sanchez (the principal) she actually requested he come back to the classroom so she could see it because she liked his so much. She is a crazy dog lady.


Judging Aaron's project.


The kids version of American Gothic. They actually made me take this picture :)

Since she won't actually have a graduation to 1st grade we borrowed on of the gowns that Grandma's class will use and took her picture.


That wonderful Yankee tradition, Bat Day! Here Seraphina is with her Texiera bat.


Sam with his bat, a few hours later Sam would not be so happy.

Some of the happiest words in our vocabulary! The Yankees Win!!!!!!


So here is the accident picture. Sam was trying to help as we were getting dinner on the table and took out the trash. Unfortunately the trash had a broken piece of glass in it and it cut his leg. It took 20 stitches to put him back together and I think I will forever be haunted by his face as he came running out of the gate with a hand full of blood and the obvious statement "Grandpa there was glass" just typing it makes me want to cry. He was very brave at the hospital even though the surgeon insisted he didn't need more numbing when he insisted he could feel her sewing him up. Turns out they only numbed the outside and when she started stitching the inside he actually could feel everything. Finally she gave in and actually numbed it. He is healing well and hopefully it won't leave too big a scar.
 


Just to show you that Sam won't be afraid of sharp objects for life. He is working on his whittling chip here for Boy Scouts. He made a large S from a bar of dial soap.

The finished product, and Pheenie hamming it up for the camera.


I took this last picture last night at 3 in the morning. As you know Jeff is gone right now (he should be home by the end of the week) and when I went to check on the kids before I went to bed this is what I saw in Sam's room. If you don't recognize it that is a picture Jeff sent to us when he was in Iraq in Sam's hand. In my opinion this picture shows more then words ever could just how hard it is to be the military child. Yes his dad is in a safe place right now but to a child any time their parent is gone is hard and obviously Sam is missing his dad.


1 comment:

Walker Family said...

This whole post made me cry. Congrats Seraphina on graduating kindergarten and learning so much!
I am sorry Sam you hurt yourself that looked like it hurt a lot, and I hope the Dr learned a lesson about listening to the patient.
I hope by the time I write this Daddy is home and you can hug him.
Love you guys!