Thursday, April 14, 2011

Science everywhere!

579 children in the state of NJ scored perfect on their standardized tests last year. Guess who was one of them? Sam is getting his award here. The pictures aren't great we didn't have the best seats and the stupid balloons kept getting in the way of my photo but this was too big not to share.







At home with the awards. Sam doesn't like having his picture taken. Here he is being very silly.


So is Pheenie.


Sam and I took a trip to the Liberty Science Center with school. He is putting his hand print on the wall. This place is amazing and the pictures just don't show how cool it really is.


Sam's hand print


The big head, if you stand in front of it you can see inside the brain.


We had to do a scavenger hunt and here Sam is entering an answer


Blow these up and really look at this. The lit water jugs show how much water you use taking an 8 minute shower.


This is how many it takes to fill your bath tub with 2 inches of water. Yes that's 80 gallons!


And this is a 20 minute shower. Sam usually takes a 40 minute shower but after seeing this he is really doing better at getting out sooner.


Sam in front of Lady Liberty.


If you blow up this picture you will see a HUGE fish behind Sam and a very rare smile for the camera.


This ball grows and shrinks all day and we thought it was cool.




This piece of metal was salvaged from the World Trade Center after 9-11. There is a very interesting exhibit on how much we have learned from the tragedy and how we are working to ensure it never happens again.


Something beautiful. I love this women!


There has been some recent inquiry into whether or not Seraphina's diet has something to do with her being sick so often. This is her typical lunch. (berries, cheese, 100% sugar free grape juice and bread) I challenge anyone to say this isn't healthy food. No she doesn't eat meat, but she makes very healthy food choices and her eating habits have nothing to do with her being sick. I've spoken to all of her doctors and they all assure me of this.


Seraphina's been placed on the Cardinal's this year. She was worried her Daddy (a Cubs fan) wouldn't love her but as you can see he does. He also made a point to tell her that he wouldn't ever hug another Cardinal's fan, but we know that isn't true right Aunt Sara?




Our Daisy troop met with the post law enforcement and some military police from the Air Force.


Seraphina is wearing the LT's vest here.


Listening to the siren


One of the women was pregnant and Pheenie wanted to know how she would be able to be a mama and a soldier, here she is talking to the girls about how they can be whatever they want to be. I was very impressed that she made a point to say "some Mama's choose to stay home and work very hard while other Mama's get help and work outside of the house but all Mama's have the hardest job of all" Awesome Air Force lady! The girls addressed their questions to her that way ;)


Sam is on the Giants this year and Boo is possessed


As most of you know we hatch butterflies every year. This year they hatched very early and we didn't think they would make it to the out doors (it's been too cold) but 4 of the 5 were lucky enough to fly away.


Can you find the butterfly in this picture?



A rare picture of Mama. This little one hung out on my finger for a while before flying away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this last picture of my two beauties. What a wonderful Mom you are. I know from having the job for years it is very hard and often overlooked as to how important a job it is, but every woman no matter what they chose to do besides being a mom knows Motherhood comes first and last until you die. Name any other profession that can say that! I love you Mom

Walker Family said...

I had to blow the picture up, but I found the butterfly! I also love the last picture:)

Sara, I believe you are living proof one does not need to eat meat to be healthy. As her Mom you know what she needs and with her Drs approval you are sure of that. Hugs to you.

Love you all!
Katherine

sara said...

Thank you to two of the best moms I know!