Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Boy scouts, eggs, drums and one cute baby!

OK so I know I said I would be better but if you knew just how busy I am you would forgive me. Here are some pictures of our latest adventures. WHAT IS THAT!!!!! This is Sam's science project for Boy Scouts. One piece of bread was kept in the dark and the other in the light. Both pieces got the same amount of water added to the bag and as you can see the one in the dark molded a lot more. Really really gross. I'm sure you can imagine how cool the boys thought this was. The boys decided for their community service project to rebuild the garden at a local school. These are some of the shots (Daddy didn't take a before shot, bad Daddy) The stone path is a wheel chair access path that Jeff did, even though he didn't think they chose good materials for it. (I agree not the safest medium for a wheel chair to go over) Sam is helping his dad There goes Sam. So for a long time we didn't know if Ralphie was a boy or a girl. Now we know because Ralphie laid some eggs (the red stuff is a strawberry she was eating not blood don't worry) this was a huge surprise to us and Seraphina and I were actually able to see it since we were home. We also used it as our science lesson for the week. This picture should be below the other one as this was after the eggs were laid but blogger doesn't care about sequential order obviously. It's hard to see here but she is actually laying the third egg. She kept floating up and then trying to swim back down. I felt bad and we now know that she needs an area outside of the water for egg laying. We've learned a lot more about turtles in the last few weeks. My beautiful nephew and his wonderful mom came to visit us for Ostara dinner. Here he is eating Grandpa's hand and someone's eyes are looking a little green. Still eating Grandpa's hands but even jealous Pheenie still loves him. (though she still looks annoyed in this picture) A happier Pheenie and Vincenzo has finally stopped chewing on Grandpa Perhaps a future Boy Scout? Vincenzo wearing Sam's hat. We were so lucky to spend the day with Aunt Sara and Vincenzo and are very thankful that they were able to join us. Sam attacking Seraphina with a bunny puppet Being a goof with her bunny ears on Sam is not amused (look how long that hair is, someone is going to be very lucky when it finally gets cut)

Playing Sam's drums because she helped clean the room too



Finally able to get the drums set up and Sam is ready to rock



Anyone who has seen Sam's room in the last 6 months won't recognize this place. Seraphina, Sam and I busted our you know what's to make it look like this and under threat of certain doom it better stay this neat. I had a before picture but it mysteriously disappeared from the camera hmmmm

4 comments:

Walker Family said...

Looks like a great week! Vincenzo is already getting so big!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to see new phots. I can't believe you think the mold is gross. If you don't remember you had 5 containers growing in our fridge for over a month in 6th grade. I think it was bread,rice, a potato, corn, and a piece of steak. The meat smelled the worst but the bread and corn had the fastes and the most mold growth. Oh the things Mom's do.

Anonymous said...

So sorry for the spelling errors. My only excuse check the time.

sara said...

I do remember the mold. I also remember the orange that Sue had in our bedroom now that was nasty. Sam currently has three containers of water in his (salt, tap and distilled)Ahhh science. Yes Katherine he sure is getting big fast, he can already roll over, where does the time go?