Thursday, June 10, 2010

Safety Application

I will put pictures up soon but I wanted to add this for all to see. Sam applied to be a Safety (Hall Monitor) next year at school. The application had to be a 3 paragraph essay on what qualities you possess that would make you qualified for the job. He was hired but sadly missed his training because he was sick today. I really hope that he didn't lose out on his chance at the job because he really worked hard on this. I thought it was really cute so I wanted to share it. Here is Sam's essay:

My name is Sam Hager and I would like to be a safety next year. I think I would be good at it for many reasons. I take martial arts where I have learned discipline and self control. I like school and want to make Denbo the best school it can be. I am a good student. I do my homework and I have been awarded Good Character each year since I came to Denbo in first grade. I play baseball so I know how to work hard and be a good team member. I have dogs, cats and a turtle at home that I take care of. They help me to learn responsibility and how to be a good care taker.
A Safety is a very important part of the school. Their job is hard because they have to make sure the kids in the school are safe. They help make sure the halls are orderly. Without them the teachers would always have to be running around to help all of the kids and they wouldn't be able to do their work. When you are in Kindergarten you might be afraid of getting in trouble by a teacher. Safety's can help you without making you afraid that you are in trouble. Sometimes kids are afraid to ask an older person for help but they will ask a child, a safety can be important to that kind of student.
I think that I would be a good safety because I follow the rules in the hall and classroom. I don't get in trouble in the lunchroom or on the playground. I am good at tying shoes and that is something a safety might have to help with. I make good choices when I am in school and when I am looking for friends. I know what it is like to be helped by a safety. When I was in first grade I was very small and the safety's would help me get to the bus in time. I could use that to help the smaller kids if I was a safety. One of my favorite books is The Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Greg and Rowley are safety's. I would like to be a safety like them because I think it is an important job that I would be good at. Most of all I would like to be a safety because I think it would be a fun way to spend my last year at Denbo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I will ever stop saying how cute is he!!!. I think Sam is the best kid in the world. How sweet is this essay. I sure hope he gets to do this job. I love you Sammy. Love Grandma