As most of you know this past week the kids were at camp so they spent the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was weird for me not to have them at home, but also very much something I needed. I love my kids but sometimes you need some time alone to think and I really hadn't thought about everything that is going on at all. I was so concerned with making things ok for the kids, I just didn't have time for my own feelings. I appreciate so much having the chance to do so and knowing I never had to worry that the kids were not doing great. Of all the things Grandma and Grandpa do for these kids, the most important is giving them an ear to listen and arms to comfort when they feel like they need to talk. There have been many times they went to one of them with something instead of Jeff or I and I am glad that they know they always have someone to talk to even if it isn't always me. They also had a great time and came home more relaxed then I've seen them in a while so the time away must have been good for them too.
Seraphina had her face painted and Sam catching a pop up
By far Seraphina's favorite part of the week was gymnastics.

Seraphina lost this ribbon and is really unhappy about it, after seeing how cute she is with it on so am I. Sam relaxing after a long day of baseball with a cold one :)
Thanks Mom and Dad for all of the pictures and for the week, the kids will cherish those memories always!
1 comment:
I loved having them at the house. I know they are having such a hard time missing daddy but this seemed to really help. At times I caught Sammy off to himself really sad but talking to the kids in school and at baseball and telling them about the important work his Dad is doing seemed to really fix it in his mind, he seemed better able to adjust to why Dad is gone. Feenie love gymnastics, maybe too much her boo boo on her back from sofa diving. love to all thanks again love Mom
Post a Comment