This appeared when we were coming home on Sunday if you click on it you will see it is actually two rainbows side by side, though one is clearer then the other. The score board clearly shows what a crazy game is was.
These two pictures are my favorite from all of them taken, just seeing the way my kids love the game makes me so happy. Baseball is by far my favorite for family memories and I love that they too will one day get giddy over the start of spring training because of the fun to come.
Pheenie, Goo Bobby and Grandpa watching before the comeback. Sam looking dejected in a less then happy moment in the game.

Sam reading and Seraphina watching tv and my crazy kids wrestling around the floor.
This weekend was a huge one for our baseball loving family. Saturday was Old Timers' Day. This game is one of my favorites by far and I know how lucky we are to get the chance to go each year. For those who don't know the Yankees are the only team to do this every year. Though other teams have honored their past players, ours is a tradition that happens every year and we honor more then one or two at a time. This year we had 62 former players come out and many of the younger guys played. It's really cool to see guys that my Grandfather watched play, guys my dad watched as a kid, guys that I watched as a kid, and even a couple of guys Sam watched at the end of their career all playing on the same field. Willie Randolph got an awesome welcome home (yes Mets fans he will always be a Yankee and we love him) and I love that Sam and Seraphina can say they got to see one of my favorites in action and joined in the chant with their mom and grandpa for Paul O'Neill! Above all of that though there are the memories being made. I remember games with my Grandfather and being so excited just to watch the game and be there, now I look back and think of how lucky I was to share that time with a man I love who is no longer here. Hopefully there will be a day when my own children will sit with their kids and talk about games with their grandfather, sadly they won't be able to do it in the real Yankee stadium. Still the memory will remain and looking around during the introductions you can almost feel them being made all over the stadium for fans young and old. Sunday was ring day and both kids got a nice ring to add to their collection of rings from years past. There are a lot of pictures and I hope you enjoyed them as much as I enjoy being there and taking them.
No comments:
Post a Comment