Thursday, February 11, 2010

Blizzard in NJ

As most of you know we don't get blizzards in NJ. So when they started calling school off and closing things in town we just chuckled at the silly way people over react to a little snow. You can imagine our surprise when the weather service finally got it right. What started out as light snow turned to rain, then hail, then snow and a lot of wind and finally we ended up with a cold wet mess. I HATE SNOW! Most of you know I am really not kidding about how much I truly dislike being cold but Pheenie actually got me laughing at the snow today. I hope you can hear the sounds she is making over the shovel because she did that the entire time she was outside. Sam is absent from these pictures because he was stuck inside refusing to do his essay on Abraham Lincoln, so he didn't get to play.
Getting ready to go outside
Our snow angel
Hitting Daddy with snowballs
making a snow man
finishing touches
Daddy is about to get that snowball down the back of his shirt. (My camera was being really difficult so I didn't get the shot after, sorry.
Posing with (appropriately named) Snowysnowysnowy snowman
helping daddy clean the car aka throwing all the snow on Daddy
I really hope that you can hear her giggling over me laughing and the shovel. Jeff also made her a make shift sled out of an old cookie sheet but my camera died before I could get the picture. I did get some on the camcorder I think and I will try to figure out how to get it on here if I can.

1 comment:

Walker Family said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Ben wanted no part of it, he kept saying "stay inside stay inside"