Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mama's birthday


Sam took this mid blowing out the candles shot. Pheenie opens Daddy's card for me.


Reading Daddy's card before I start crying (thanks Punkin) THE BAT! The kids and Daddy conspired (with some help from un-named sources) to get this bat for me and the kids were just so excited about their little secret.

This peace crane origami was fascinating to Sam and now we are going to learn how to make our own. This is a Himalayan salt candle and it releases healthy negative ions to cleanse and improve the quality and freshness of the air you breathe as it burns. We have it on the dinner table and light it while we enjoy our dinner. (Thank you Nancy)


Most of you know that yesterday was my birthday and I am very lucky to have my wonderful children to celebrate with me. It was a tough day, even though this is not the first time Jeff has missed my birthday. (What should have been my 1st birthday spent with him Jeff was "not in Haiti" but it really never gets easier I guess.) Even though it was hard the kids did such a great job of trying to make it special and I am very glad that I was not alone to celebrate.

No comments: