Friday, June 22, 2012

Memorial day 2012

I know it was a while ago but I've been busy getting the end of school stuff done. Jeff was asked to speak this year in the Hammonton Memorial Day ceremony, Jeff's unit is based there, so instead of our local parade we all packed up and went down to Hammonton to listen to Daddy speak. His speech was lovely, unfortunately I still haven't mastered my phone and though I thought I was recording it I was not. I have also included pictures of the flag ceremony we do each year at Brigadier General William C. Doyle Cemetery.





This is the last event Seraphina would do with her scout sisters and the last time she would see the Weber family. That is Avery holding her hand. :(

Prior to the flag placing ceremony, just so you know we DID NOT put those flags on the ground.

Our Brownies getting ready to place flags.

Seraphina (not wearing shoes, I don't know where she gets that from) I don't have any pictures of Sammy as he went to a different part of the cemetery and by the time I got to his troop they were done.

This is one of our favorite events of the year. It really is powerful to see when it's all done.

A moment to reflect on freedom, sacrifice and what makes it all worth it.

Jeff's soldiers at the parade, but where is Captain Hager?

There he is now! I will refrain from making a bad Kennedy joke here because yes that is the same kind of car.


Waiting for Daddy, Seraphina does have purple hair, it was a hair dying accident brought on by Daddy.

This was our shot of Daddy as he passed us.

Captain Hager distinguished guest and speaker.


This might be hard to see. The 21 gun salute was done by Civil War reenactors and Sam really thought they were cool so he made me take (and post) a picture of them.  


As wonderful as the day was it is so important to remember and be thankful for the real meaning behind the day. We are proud to take our time out to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom and we are so glad that our children understand and honor with us.

1 comment:

Walker Family said...

Looks like a beautiful time. I love the look on Pheenies face in the pic you talk about her purple hair...