We got this cool popcorn maker from Nana and as you can see Seraphina (and Bella) think it is fun to watch. I prefer the eating part myself.

Somehow Seraphina's Christmas gifts to Goo Bobby got lost and she was really sad. Turns out Daddy had them in a bag of decorations he brought home. When we went to put the decorations away we found them so Goo Bobby got his whoopee cushion and Giants magnet a little late but that's OK.

Our friend Jen (in the background) is a big time Packers fan and so we knew that she was going to be coming in full GB gear. We didn't expect the cheese head (we should have) but the kids had great fun wearing it and Jen went home very happy.

Sammy cheese head

The awards mentioned above. Sam got one for honor roll...

See how proud he is

and another for maintaining a 4.0 GPA in the accelerated reading program (his lowest reading test score so far this year is a 98) We are so proud of Sam and so happy to see that he understands the value of a good education.

Just because we home school that doesn't mean that Seraphina doesn't deserve a report card too. I took Sam's old kindergarten report card and made one for Seraphina using their criteria. She is way ahead on most things though she has a tendency to insist on doing things her way and on her own. I don't think that is a home schooling issue though as she has been that way since she was an infant. I think it's more of an Aries thing.

Seraphina is very shy believe it or not. She isn't very fond of speaking in public especially. I was worried about her selling cookies at the booth but unlike the popcorn sales in Boy Scouts cookies aren't optional in Girl Scouts. Every girl must work the booth at least once. She was very nervous in the beginning and looked like she might cry but as time went on (and with a little help from a very nice bagger who got on the p.a and shamed the soldiers into buying) she warmed up.

Baby girl can cook. If you haven't been lucky enough to eat what she makes then you are missing out. Dad had guard this weekend and we were busy with scouts but we wanted to celebrate Valentine's Day at least a little (Monday being a school night) so she made a special snack night. Dark chocolate fondue, fruit dip, heart shaped vanilla cakes, veggie dip, home made salsa and baked olives were just a few of the things she made and we all ate so much that we felt like Garfield by the end of the meal.

Boy Scouts take a lot of time and work. Still that work pays off not just in badges and rank but in life skills, confidence and most of all a safe place for a young boy to learn about the things he will need in life to make him a man of honor. Our Blue and Gold dinner was Sunday and three of our boys earned the Arrow of Light. Hopefully this time next year Sam will be receiving his. Here Sam is being presented with his Webelos rank, the first step toward the Arrow. Sam has earned 10 belt loops or pins (what used to be badges) to earn this rank and it has been a lot of hard work to get there.

Some of our boys have yet to get the rank but as you can see all of our boys have worked hard and every one of the boys earned at least one loop or pin.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU. WE LOVE YOU! SARA, JEFF, SAM AND PHEENIE

3 comments:
What a great set of pictures. Good job Kids, you are working really hard! Sara, I am going to have to pick your brain about home schooling sometime soon. Don't tell Sam I said it (again) but if he looked any more like your sister it would be scary. Love you all!
I am as always Proud of my grandchildren but as they get older and I observe them in public, in school and in scouting I couldn't be more proud. They are growing to be nice, compassionate and caring children. I can no longer say babies because they show me at every step how mature they are becoming. I love them both and I can only say their Mom and Dad are doing a terrific job. Keep up the good work all of the Hager family. Love Grandma.
Hey watch it lady, they'll always be babies to me ;)
Post a Comment