Monday, September 13, 2010

It's that time of year again!

Even though the Yankees have one more home stretch before the end of the season this was our last game. ESPN is putting the game on a 8:05 on a Sunday night. Therefore won't get to go to the last Sunday game of the season which really stinks especially because it's against the Red Sox.

Hanging out before the game.

Sam is in there somewhere.

There are too many things to list that are wrong with the new stadium but in Dad's opinion this guy is the worst. Jeff really hates being told when to cheer and this guy makes his blood boil so of course Sam had to take his picture.

Just a beautiful girl enjoying a day at the ball park.

This is what I usually get when I try to take pictures of Sam now.

or this....silliness.

Hurry up Sam the bus is coming!

Wait let me take your picture with your sister.

Now go, go, go before you miss it! Another year starts. 4th grade can you believe it?

Seraphina reading Sam a story after school.

The end has a scary surprise but Sam isn't bothered. (He has popcorn after all)

Testing for his high purple belt. (Seraphina took all of these pictures I was recording)

Ready to break the board.

There it goes and there goes Master Anderson too! He "falls" back if they do it well.

Saying thank you to their parents for all the support.

Saying the pledge "Knowledge in the mind. Honesty in the heart. Strength in the body." Sam learns Tang Soo Do and Sin Moo Hapkido his next belt is blue. The soonest he can test for it will be the end of November.

In our science class Seraphina and I learned about scientific method and predictions. We buried a time capsule to see what will happen to the various wrappings (foil, plastic and paper; incorporating a lesson in recycling here as well) and added some predictions inside about how much the kids will grow over the school year etc. Here they are putting it in the ground.

get to work Sam!

If you were wondering why they were dressed in big shirts this is the answer. We are refinishing the shed. Dad redid the roof and we are all painting. Sadly we didn't even get this wall finished but hope to soon. I will post the finished product after.

This isn't so fun anymore.

Caught red handed! About five minutes after this she put the paintbrush down and said she was done. Seraphina has never liked having messy hands. We are super busy now that the school year has started again. Sam did get the safety position and signed up for Boy Scouts so I will get those pictures out when he gets his badge and uniform also. Seraphina is back in ballet as of Wens. and if I can find a girl scout troop that meets on Monday night (the only night we don't have something going on) she will sign up too. If you try to get a hold of me and I don't answer just kn0w it's because I am probably driving to or from some function. Thanks for being patient with waiting on the pictures and love to everyone!

1 comment:

Walker Family said...

I love the Time Capsule and Barn projects! It is so cool to have a family project like that. Ben doesn't like having messy hands either, at the beach he kept showing my his hands and wanting them cleaned off.